Tuesday 21 September 2010

Trying times ...


I love football! Actually, I love it more than cheese.
So, it is high time I joined a football club and played it.

Last Friday I went with my Dad to 'check out' the football club at the Stadium near our house.

Today I attend my first practice, a trail. What follows is an interview with my Mom after the practice.



What did you do at the practice today?
I dribbled around cones and then we had turns to play matches.

Did you find the cone activities difficult?
Ja, because I had to run at a cone and go backwards and go around it. That was difficult.

Were there any other English boys there?
No.

Did anybody speak to you?
Yes, one of the defenders spoke to me about my position, I was a forward. The goalkeeper never passed to me.

Did you like the coach?
Yes, he was nice. He didn't shout at me. (He shouted at other boys who were doing other things!)

Do you want to start playing?
Ja, I want to start, I'd really like to play football.

So, what do we have to do next?
On Friday we must go back for the practice at 3pm, and register and purchase my kit.

Right now I'm feeling quite excited. The practice was exhausting, but now that I've caught my breathe, I'm very excited.

Watch this space :)

No comments:

Post a Comment